Omni Royal Orleans is centrally located in the heart of the French Quarter district—a National Historic Landmark and the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans. After the Louisiana Purchase, Canal Street—the widest boulevard in America—served as a “neutral ground,” a meeting place where the two cultures could meet and do business in both French and English. To this day, the streets’ names change at this intersection, St. Charles Avenue becoming Bourbon Street, Camp Street turning into Royal Street.
Even locals are enchanted by the history of the French Quarter. The riverfront, as a dominant port, was frequented by pirate ships making their way under cover through the bayous and tributaries leading off the Mississippi River. From fine dining at Muriel’s, Arnaud’s or Antoine’s to above-ground cemeteries on Rampart and even voodoo shops and live Jazz in the vintage Preservation Hall, the French Quarter will not run out of ways to entertain you.
Things to Know Before You Visit The French Quarter
- Once you get your bearings, there are endless possibilities when exploring the neighborhood. Royal Street is full of sophisticated antique shops, private galleries, and boutiques and many of the Quarter's finest residences.
- Bourbon Street is home to a fun nightlife scene.
- The French Market, one of the oldest outdoor markets in America, still operates daily on Decatur Street, where you can sip "cafe au lait" at Cafe du Monde and walk along the Mississippi River.
about the French Quarter.
Tickets to a Tour of the French Quarter
Explore the historical charm and culture of the French Quarter with a guided segway tour!
Park and Play at Omni Royal Orleans Hotel
Guests who book this special offer receive:
- Overnight accommodations
- Complimentary valet parking per night (savings of $42 per night)
- Coupon for 1 café au lait and 3 beignets from Café du Monde - 2 coupons per room, per stay
To learn more about availability and conditions, CLICK HERE